Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Word from Ms. Know-It-All on The Wonders of Parchment Paper

Every once in a while I'd like to put in my 2 cents about something wonderful in the cooking world and today we're unveiling...

PARCHMENT PAPER!!!

This stuff is fabulous. Not only does it not stick to anything, it enables you to be lazy and NOT WASH YOUR COOKIE SHEETS EVER, EVER AGAIN!! It's usable in cake pans and bread pans and brownie pans. We've also cooked fish sticks on it and barbecue wings so it's very multi-purpose. It's pretty cheap (it runs about 3 bucks a roll) and comes in rolls of 30 square feet and it takes me a good 3 or 4 months to run out of it. And really, paying 3 dollars in order to not wash a cookie sheet ever again is quite a bargain.*

Check out this link HERE to see Reynolds' official website for parchment paper. It's got great instructions on using it for baking cookies, cakes and brownies. Check it out. Parchment paper can be found in pretty much any grocery store by the tin foil.

* DISCLAIMER: I never told you to NOT wash your pans again, although this is an option. I refuse to be sued over food-borne illnesses that arose from your dirty cookie sheets. Thanks. I'm glad we got that covered.

1 comment:

Biff Spacepants said...

OH EM GEE!!! I lurrrve parchment paper!!