Friday, March 4, 2011

And so the blog grinds back to life...

After almost exactly two years of being derelict, I'm attempting to get things back up and running. Husband has a new job (we're no longer college students!! We can buy expensive produce and not feel guilty!!!) and I have more time to myself than I probably should, so I'm going to do my best to document the good meals that come out of my kitchen (because we all know how badly dinner can flop--I'm looking at you, Velveeta cheese!).

I've had a talk with myself and decided to not aim obscenely high regarding my goals of this little blog, and I think I can speak for Jenny too: we want to create a forum to share relatively easy, healthy meals for busy people and some helpful skills we've picked up from our years in the kitchen.

I'm trying to keep my ego in check and not anticipate a huge following; mainly I want to reach my friends who have asked for recipes in the past. And let's be honest here--my photography skillz are lacking and there are much prettier blogs out there to read. A lot of my recipes will come off other blogs, but again, I'm after sharing the good stuff I find (and giving proper credit).

So now that we've had that lovely DTR, let's try this blogging thing again, shall we?

1 comment:

Kirsten Smith said...

i'm glad I still had this in my google reader list. I'm excited to see more posts and ideas! I try to keep a cookbook blog but i'm awful at updating it and I certainly don't buy high end ingredients. in fact, it is exactly the opposite. haha. Check it out if you wish. kscookbook.blogspot.com